C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future

C. S. Peirce created a platform of thought that undergirds the future we are presently watching unfold. Triadic, Semiotic, and post-Postmodern. Build it here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE BINARY RULE OF CONFLICT

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THE BINARY RULE OF CONFLICT Empty THE BINARY RULE OF CONFLICT Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:53 am

Admin

Admin

THE BINARY RULE OF CONFLICT
From THE WISDOM OF C. S. PEIRCE A PROTEST AGAINST OBSCURANTISM
Quotes are from CP and are Peirce’s. My comments are quoteless.
CP59 . “When society is broken into bands, now warring, now allied, now for a time subordinated one to another, man loses his conceptions of truth and of reason. If he sees one man assert what another denies, he will, if he is concerned, choose his side and set to work by all means in his power to silence his adversaries. The truth for him is that for which he fights.”
This is the binary thought world in a nutshell. Peirce quotes like this are as fundamental as his most abstruse efforts to make sense of the terminological jumbles he was inclined to create. But just as Polonius was delivered gams of wisdom by the crafty Bard, so too the binary proponents of Peirce tend to ignore the very foundation of his intent.
That intent was to lay groundwork for a triadic world, one which thinks outside the binary box.
One that takes ethics and aesthetics into consideration regarding everything.
One who knows Reality is all and ultimately One.
Yes, one who can hold not merely the NOW but also the FINAL STATE in mind because the now contains the final state.
I do not mean the end or nothingness. I mean the fulfillment of everything in perfect love.
I have veered into the language of Triadic Philosophy which is my gloss on Peirce.
But look at the quote. We are choosers, set here to find our way and choose what we fancy. All choices are open.
But binary culture, binary society says narrow those choices.
To what, pray tell?
To this or that?
And thought collapse into opposites, into protagonist and antagonist, into heart or mind.
Nothing works this way.
But that doesn’t matter. It’s easy and quick.
And very, very wrong.
Which is why we are moving to a world of Christ Consciousness which sees nothing in such simple terms. Everything is a matter to consider.
And every consideration is a triangle.
And triangles are infinite.
If you want a binary way, feel free.
If you want to opt for spirituality, welcome home.

https://peirce-and-us.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum