C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future

C. S. Peirce created a platform of thought that undergirds the future we are presently watching unfold. Triadic, Semiotic, and post-Postmodern. Build it here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Is Not A Binary Matter?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Is Not A Binary Matter? Empty What Is Not A Binary Matter? Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Admin

Admin

CP 1.325 The real is active; we acknowledge it, in calling it the actual. (This word is due to Aristotle's use of {energeia}, action, to mean existence, as opposed to a mere germinal state.) Again, the kind of thought of those dualistic philosophers who are fond of laying down propositions as if there were only two alternatives, and no gradual shading off between them, as when they say that in trying to find a law in a phenomenon I commit myself to the proposition that law bears absolute sway in nature, such thought is marked by Secondness. END

The only law I honor is the law of love. All other laws are things that serve love in some way and what they are in actuality depends on their actions. Science can and does deduce and infer laws of nature which operate within theoretical frameworks to describe various phenomena.

What is significant to me is that Peirce makes only a modest reference to dualism, of which he was not find, and no reference at all to the term binary. Here what what Triadic Philosophy calls binary is exactly what Pierce states -- believing there are only two alternatives.

The answer to the question posed in the title is that there is no binary whenever more than two alternatives exist. If you ponder only a moment, nothing is truly binary. If you move with triadic instinct, I believe you will also see that everything is triadic.

This does not mean that there are three of everything. It means that the triangle is the perfect nest. You can nest other cogitations within a triangle infinitely. And that is just what enables Heaven to function and Earth to progress with.

It is obvious that I have largely rejected Peirce's triadic system in favor of a much more confined use of a triad. Peirce initially thought in terms of Icon, Index, and Symbol. And it was not difficult for me initially to recast these as Reality, Ethics and Aesthetics. Peirce nodded to ethics and aesthetics but never suggested that they be part of a triadic structure for universal thinking.

I have leaped over the complexity barrier and seized upon what, to me, works as a simpler and more fruitful way to make the genius within pragmatism come alive.

My triad always begins with what I call a sign which is anything that comes up. From your hurting toe to your life purpose. It can be anything at all. Ethics can be seen as another term if one wishes. It is second because it constitutes something that must be considered along the way to a positive conclusion. Aesthetics can be seen as another term but it should denote the positive result one is seeking.

I have basically enabled Triadic Philosophy to accent triads so that they enable a nested mode of thinking that leaves resolutions as fallible as all resolutions are but enables at least some progress.

It is not hard to write any number of triads that suggest this process.

Warming Effects Resolutions
Vacation Options Visions
Tommy's behavior Prospects Best results

This exercise is simply a reminder to me that the root triad could work just as well.

Warming, vacation,and Tommy's behavior are all clear realities. Ethics enables you to review them in terms of tolerance, helpfulness, and democracy. Aesthetics advocates you discuss with someone you take to be a trusted inner guide.

There can be no question that triadic trumps dual or binary. And there is no question in my mind that having a sense of inner guidance is a form of spirituality that is universal and coming to fruition around the world as we speak.

https://peirce-and-us.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum