C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future

C. S. Peirce created a platform of thought that undergirds the future we are presently watching unfold. Triadic, Semiotic, and post-Postmodern. Build it here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PEIRCE WAS THE THEOLOGICAL LEADER WHO SUFFERED THE CASUAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS OF ACADEME

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

Peirce: CP 6 Ed. Note p v
The second book of the volume, devoted to religion or "psychical metaphysics," has rather tenuous connections with the rest of the system, offering, apart from scattered flashes of insight, views which have a sociological or biographical, rather than a fundamental systematic interest. END

There are several reasons for publishing this note which comes toward the end of this investigation of "psychic" in CP which is the online text that freely makes available the bulk of Peirce's writing.

The note speaks of Peirce's philosophical system. I think it is manifestly obvious that no such system exists save in the minds of those whose business it is to address university audiences.

Peirce was, I believe, destined to leave us a purposely unfinished and incomplete body of conjectures. They are exactly what he knew at the start. A fund of notions that would become the soil for the creation of a garden that many hands would nurture.

Peirce's life-work now enables creation of a triadic future to replace the wreckage of our binary past and present.

This NOTE creates a barrier between the academically respectable areas of Peirce studies and the "religious" themes that are by implication and direct suggestion regarded as not germane to the central academic task.

This is an atrocious act.

I forgive it because I know things happen just as they do. The result was as it had to be. This sad error resulted in the current, belated realization that for Peirce,  thirdness is where we look not only for the true and beautiful in human acts but also for the very understanding on which all Peirce is, i believe, based.

Call it One, All. Call the essence of One or All unconditional love, divine balance, agape.

Peirce correctly depised slights promoted by religion over time but he emerges a theological force of massive persuasive power, power precisely because everything else to this end. He is the herald the epochal SHIFT to the triadic.  

There was Aristotle. Now there is Peirce

https://peirce-and-us.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum