C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future

C. S. Peirce created a platform of thought that undergirds the future we are presently watching unfold. Triadic, Semiotic, and post-Postmodern. Build it here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DRILLING DOWN -- GENERALS AND FACTS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DRILLING DOWN -- GENERALS AND FACTS Empty DRILLING DOWN -- GENERALS AND FACTS Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:57 am

Admin

Admin

CP 1.304: "...A true general cannot have any being unless there is to be some prospect of its sometime having occasion to be embodied in a fact, which is itself not a law or anything like a law... "

I want to drill down in the context of Peirce and consciousness and Triadic Philosophy. I am daily reminded of the obligation of Triadic Philosophy to freely assume to be a representation of Reality as, ultimately the feeling of unconditional love. Compassion is an aspect of it. It is not beyond words to describe it. The words will not suffice but without them we are as if we were ghosts, here without body.

A true general is something that applies to all, is common to all. My fingernail is not a general but fingernails are. Fingernails is not however ontological. Ontology deals with the essences of beings and these can only be representations of the fact of unconditional love. This is why we see and see but do not understand, to recall the wonderful lines from Isaiah 6. (Tears of joy -- I now weep them when anything that occurs to me is ontological).) It is the nature of person hood to have to find out by searching inside and out.

Note that Peirce does not require more than a prospect. Realization is assumed but may not yet be.

It is fact that counts and it is not a law. It is a feeling in the most relevant sense, the sense of the heart, not distinct from the rest of who we are but hopefully dominating our conscious awareness. When it does we know it.

I think the point has been made.

https://peirce-and-us.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum