C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future

C. S. Peirce created a platform of thought that undergirds the future we are presently watching unfold. Triadic, Semiotic, and post-Postmodern. Build it here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PEIRCE ON OTHER DIMENSIONS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PEIRCE ON OTHER DIMENSIONS Empty PEIRCE ON OTHER DIMENSIONS Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:12 pm

Admin

Admin

CP 2.732 “Although all the planets are found to gravitate toward one another, this affords not the slightest direct reason for denying that among the innumerable orbs of heaven there may be some which exert no such force. Although at no point of space where we have yet been have we found any possibility of motion in a fourth dimension, yet this does not tend to show (by simple induction, at least) that space has absolutely but three dimensions.” END

Peirce provides a basis for assuming there are more than three dimensions. My own sense is that a dimension is simply something that consciousness can see. Consciousness can see what it sees. Our language regarding dimensions is speculation unless it is based on what is truth for us.

I tend to regard those I converse with, Abba, Jesus and Atun Re as occupants of a realm I call heaven. A positive, ethical, beautiful realm. My main experience is limited to the following inferences:

1. Experiences of freedom that enable me to see all in terms of its Divinity. I call this, after Paul Selig, the Upper Room. Much of the time.

2 Experiences of communication which came to me by a channel I could perceive as being from a realm beyond Earth. Explicitly, an audible overture from Ludwig Wittgenstein. This was followed by a series of seven short texts which resulted from a subsequent interview. Over a period of a few months.

3 An instance of visible change in in the natural world which I took to be a sign which resolved an event that could have been interpreted negatively. Redemptive. A few minutes.

4 A general awakening that has led me to assume that I have a higher self who is part of me and is a source of continual manifestation, bliss, joy, and love. Intermittent in a lifetime that has spanned 84 plus years as I write.

I am less likely now to argue I am right in any assumptions I have had regarding anything beyond this existence. In a sense, I am not meant to know more than I can consciously see and testify to.

I derive much sustenance from the thoughts and testimonies of others in books and videos and social encounters. Especially what resonates with my own thoughts and feelings.

I live as I live and experience whatever I experience.  And whatever I think at the moment is what I do. I could say life is a miracle. My experience has left me positive. I am aware of being me. And also of a higher me unified with all in realms I do not yet know.

But I believe I will surely know this all face to face, to paraphrase St. Paul.

https://peirce-and-us.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum