C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future

C. S. Peirce created a platform of thought that undergirds the future we are presently watching unfold. Triadic, Semiotic, and post-Postmodern. Build it here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

PEIRCE PRESCIENTLY SAYS CONSCIOUSNESS IS FEELINGS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

CP 1.317. "The whole content of consciousness is made up of qualities of feeling, as truly as the whole of space is made up of points or the whole of time of instants.
CP 1.318. "Contemplate anything by itself -- anything whatever that can be so contemplated. Attend to the whole and drop the parts out of attention altogether. One can approximate nearly enough to the accomplishment of that to see that the result of its perfect accomplishment would be that one would have in his consciousness at the moment nothing but a quality of feeling. This quality of feeling would in itself, as so contemplated, have no parts. It would be unlike any other such quality of feeling. In itself, it would not even resemble any other; for resemblance has its being only in comparison. It would be a pure priman. Since this is true of whatever we contemplate, however complex may be the object, it follows that there is nothing else in immediate consciousness. To be conscious is nothing else than to feel."

You begin to wonder what Peirce knew. Or better, how did he know? Nothing is more succinct than the assertions of this most delicious deliverance. You can draw your own conclusions and I shall draw mine an give you a sense of how Triadic Philosophy emerges somewhat like the substance that physical mediums produce to create actual replications of spirits in the material environment of the seance.

Let's go. Let's say this is not just right but brilliantly so. Why? Because unconditional love is not an intellectual proposition of mind but a feeling of incalculable depth. Furthermore as various science-oriented teachers tell us our dominant subconsciousness, where habits are lodged, is most all of who we actually are.

Those concerned to help heal us without attacking our cells are urging us to use meditative and affirmative means to actually alter our involuntary physical states. They become voluntary only when properly urged to do so by what: our feelings! We escape our minds and enter the realm where, as Dr. Depenzia sagely says, we can achieve coherence of heart and mind. Heart is the BIG PLAYER here and feelings are what the heart puts out. The coherence is that of course the fact that the mind is what urges the heart. They are unified in wanting the best for us. We have only to insert the agapaic truth to enjoy a life of truth, bliss and beauty.

I am not going to try to spell this out until I have gone further in this exploration. I say only that it is a delight to reflect that the thought extant in heaven is actually the ground of the scientific substance that determines how we freely manage our lives for good or ill. The partisans of kriya applaud. And Dr. Depenzia continues to demonstrate that as we feel we are.

https://peirce-and-us.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum