C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
C. S. Peirce: Prophet of the Future

C. S. Peirce created a platform of thought that undergirds the future we are presently watching unfold. Triadic, Semiotic, and post-Postmodern. Build it here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

“Whatever withstands us is real.” -- Was Peirce Right?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin

“Whatever withstands us is real.”  Of course, because reality is all. But the implication here must be that there is something that is unreal. I know the blunt truth argument. But I see Second as being Ethics and ethical matters of what is good, matters of conscience, seem distinctly lacking in discussions of philosophy once you get past Rawls or back to virtues. I reject the notion of a triad needing to contain resistance other than to values -- whether to accept them or not. The reason I have a fixed system of Reality Ethics Aesthetics is because the latter two categories are buried in Peirce, though seen as normative.  This triad can be applied to choices that have real world consequences. Choices can issue in measurable acts and expressions.

This system can be taught to the person on the street. It is an advance of philosophy from the academy to the universe.

I think Peirce imagined that heaven smiles on such an evolution. Did he achieve it? Implicitly yes. Explicitly, clearly not.

https://peirce-and-us.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum